Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 14, 2009

Facebook Realities

Yes, it has hit me and hit me hard. The reality of the fact that past friendships that have been left alone for decades still twinge my heart when I find the outcome has been a death. Wow, I could not have been more saddened by news than when I found my dear friend's, Nick Stevens, daughter had tragically been killed in a freak accident last year. We hadn't seen each other or been in contact in over eighteen years. How sad?



We made connection on Facebook and I cried for two days as I read the story of his daughter's passing. It was as if I had lost a close friend myself. I felt hurt and pain in my heart unlike any I had ever had in a friend losing a child. I was amazed at how it impacted me emotionally and spiritually. I longed to wrap my arms around my friend and comfort him from his loss. But, it had been over a year. He had begun his healing and I found comfort in it.



I do not seek comfort for myself in all of this, I am just thrown back into reality that the world is getting smaller all the time and my days are numbered with nothing but better things to come.



Facebook, last week, brought me face to face with the loss of twelve friends I knew nothing about having passed away. I grieve that I had lost contact. I morn the fact that the only thing I will have for the rest of my life is a memory of them, as vague as they are. I have morned the loss of loved ones but for me to see my class and school mate's names on a list of those who have left this life hurt me and I cry.



I hope that now I can keep up better, because of Facebook, and let them know that they were special and still are in so many respects. Teachers, classmates, church family from the past, church camp friends, ministry friends and my relatives, thanks for letting me know how you are doing.



I'll see you later (on Facebook)

No comments:

Post a Comment