Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What Fun!

I had the opportunity to go to see the Texas Rangers last night with a good friend. He is also my brother in Christ. I admire his love for his family and his dedication to raising them correctly and know that so much of life is before him. He is an inspiration to me and I wish that I had his attitude about so many things.

We had great dialogue, at least for me it was, I can't speak for him. I enjoyed being with him and being able to meet a friend of his that he apparently admires. His voice lifted when we talked of his children, his wife and his parents. He seemed content in life, not satisfied, content. There is a great difference and he knows it.

It made me wonder, "Do we know what it truly means to be thankful and content?" I hope I do now. It has taken me a long time to get there but I believe God is helping me by giving me people to see living contented lives.

I'll see you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment