Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I Heard It on TV

"I heard it on TV so it must be true."
Every hear that one? I have, and honestly, I thought it at one time when I was still a child. I thought that since they made the movie "Chariots of the Gods", talking about alien life coming to earth, there must be aliens. After all, it was a documentary.
Not all that we see is true. Technology has made Harry Potter fly out of our imaginations and we have seen it on the big screen. For ages I thought "Gone With the Wind" was a historical reckoning of the events surrounding the burning of Atlanta. I also thought that Mary Poppins was real as well.
I lived in a fantasy world of things that I wanted to be true.
Still today, many of us are trying to live in that same type world. We see it, they say it is true, therefore it must be. Be careful here, there are forces at work that want us to always believe the lie.
"Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings." 1 Peter 5:8
The word of God is the only true word and guide we can be sure of.
I'll see you later.

1 comment: