Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 24, 2009

Children and Grandchildren are to Love

Well, I'm a grandfather. I am proud to be a grandfather. I have four wonderful grandsons, Kyle, Andrew, Joe Braden, and Joshua. They make me happy and I love being happy.

As I raised my children through the years I heard others make statements like, "If I would have known how fun grandchildren were I would have had them first." I understand the sentiment of that statement to a degree, but let me tell you what I have been thinking about the raising of my family, my children.

I didn't do a great job in a lot of ways, but I made sure of one thing. I loved them and I believe that they knew it. Oh, we had arguments and power struggles just like most families. I had to apologize a lot for the mistakes I made and even had to say I am sorry on more occasions than I care to admit. But, I don't think one of my children would ever think I didn't love them with all of my heart.

I can only hope that my children learned the lesson on loving their families in the way that it was intended. I know that at looking at my grandsons that they are loved and they are cared for beyond their needs. That is a good thing.

I hope that my grandchildren grow up to love their children and grandchildren the way that I love mine. I also hope that my children grow to love their children and grandchildren in that same way.

My children are far from perfect, I know, I brought them into an imperfect world to love, hold, and comfort through the difficulties they would face. I wasn't always right, but I never stopped loving any of them. My children, Lori, Jeff, Tony, and Tim are mine and their mother's joy and bond. We love them and I believe they love us and have learned that love from being loved.

May God bless you in your love for your family.

I'll see you later.

1 comment: