Powered By Blogger

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Oklahoma, You Got to Understand!

First a little history lesson. "Sooners" were cheaters from day one. They went in on the land rush early, therefore gaining an advantage on the "Boomers" and cheating to get what they wanted. Why they would call themselves something that glorifies cheating I don't know. I'm from Texas...I don't understand what they do up North.

Jon Paige asked while we were at camp why Oklahoma was such a poor state. He didn't know his Oklahoma history about the land rush. If you think that it was fair ask someone who is over 80 and lived all their lives in Oklahoma. Roads need work, the political climate is something of a mess, not to mention mirroring the federal government, the native Americans have the gambling rights, and the only thing good about Oklahoma is made up of Texans, and a few outsiders.

No really, I love most of the people in Oklahoma I have met, they are some really great people. Most of them I know have always been friendly and very sporting about my bashing of the "team" from up I35. I am not, nor ever have been an Oklahoma Sooner fan, not even when they play Notre Dame (I usually hope both of them lose when playing each other, but miracles in sports are rare.)

So, as I drove through Oklahoma yesterday on the way home, I exhaled before we crossed the Red River and inhaled the sweetest air I know when we crossed the Red, good Texas breathable air. I didn't want to pollute the good Texas air and hope you wont either.

I'll see you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment