Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Worshiping with God's Family



As each and every Sunday comes around I look forward to being with my spiritual family. As a minister I have given my life to my ministry which is to serve my God and His Son with guidance from the Holy Spirit. I cannot imagine wanting to be anywhere else on the Lord's Day.

If I don't worship with my spiritual family I feel empty. It means that much to me. To be where God's family is meeting. For those who know me best know that I want to be with God's people.

When I visit other churches, they are of a like mind, but it isn't the same. I do not feel it wise to worship with those who do not hold to the form of teaching that I believe God has exemplified in His word.

There is a reason and I believe it a valid reason. I know that on Sunday morning during worship and praise I want to worship and praise God in the way that He desires, not from what I desire or for any other reason than to take the opportunity with those of my spiritual family to thank our Father for all the things He has done for me. I can't do that when distracted because of spiritual error that is so often practiced by those who want something different than what the Bible teaches.

If you are a member of God's family you should worship with God's family. If not, you are opening yourself up to accepting things that are not of God.

The Hebrew writer speaks of this in Hebrews 10.

23 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. (NIV)

I'll see you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment