Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Secrets

Secrets, they are hard to keep. You hear something someone says about something no one knows about and you, if tempted like me, would like to be the first to tell someone who doesn't know, but you are sure they would be interested.

Now, you might say that is gossip. Well, whose to say what is and isn't true? That is the evil of speaking when we should be silent and silence is golden I have always heard.

Honestly, I'm not tempted any longer to share bad news about someone, but I remember as a child the difficulty I had of not turning on those who surely had turned on me. But, then one day I realized my life is full of little secrets that if added up would change many an opinion of me and my life. So what do you do?

Keep secrets that are not gossip in your heart. If someone felt comfortable coming to you to share something they were uncomfortable about in their own lives, pray for them. If they come to you with something about someone else, then, help them see the difference between the need to share and the need to keep it a secret even from you.

Secrets have their place as long as they are kept secret.

I'll see you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment