Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Entitlement?

I worked hard back in the late '70s and '80s to make a paycheck to pay my bills and feed my family. The minimum wage was $3.35 per hour. I worked hard enough to get raises and move up in my field (local lumber company). I didn't wait for someone to help me and I was surely not going to sit around and feel sorry for myself. I got out and hustled and worked hard because that is what I was taught.
My dad was a hard worker and he taught me to earn a living, not to expect it. I love him for that. I also learned from my father-in-law that if you work hard there comes a time when it pays off. It may take 40 years, but it will be worth it.
The same is true in my spiritual life. If I live it correctly I may not reap all the benefits now, but the payout is out of this world. Literally.
What are you living and working for?
I'm not entitled to anything. I work and maintain a job so I can not only feed my family but also those I come in contact with through the spiritual body of Christ. It is the right, correct, and most positive thing a person can do as an example to others.
2 Thessalonians 3:9-11 says that if a man is unwilling to work he should not eat!
How are you doing?
I know that there are exceptions to every rule, but this is for those who believe that because they were born into a certain situation that they are entitled to money that others have literally earned.
I love you all.
Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment