Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Work the Program

I am so thankful to be able to continue learning at my age, and I don't think that I am all that old, yet! But it is a breath of fresh air to see God at work in my life leading me to study and learn even more than I ever would have thought possible.

As most of you know my son Anthoney is an addict in recovery.  I am so proud that he is seeing himself in a different light than ever before.  He is smiling and seems happier with himself and who and whose he is.  He is jumping in with both feet, getting involved spiritually and emotionally with God and that to me is wonderful.

One of the things that I have learned from being a part of the recovery process that he is undergoing is leaning about the "Twelve Step Program" that he is using to become more dependent upon himself and God and less on drugs and alcohol.  Their statement of "work the program" means to find the way to sobriety. 

Working the program can also be a good way for us as Christians to look at our spiritual needs and desires. 

God wants us to be active and working in His kingdom.  When we have problems with our lives, we need to "work the program."  We need to admit our sin and look to Him for the forgiveness He offers.

When rehab is completed and the addict or alcoholic leaves, one of the things that they are encouraged to do is to attend 90 meetings in 90 days to help them continue in overcoming their addiction.  Wouldn't that be a great way for us minister to each other and move out of a life of sin and into a life of Godliness?  90 meetings in 90 days.  Seems like a lot of commitment doesn't it?  Is it to much to ask to strive to walk closer to God?

I'll see you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment