Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 9, 2012

Today the Music Died

I write this after learning that an hour ago my mother left this world.  It is hard to put into words how I feel other than to say that at the same time I am sad and feel the void growing, I know that there are a myriad of reasons to rejoice.

My mom was a Christian.  She was a faithful follower of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  She has a home in heaven because of the forgiveness offered by God's gift of His Son's blood.  She re-enacted the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus in baptism for the forgiveness of her sins as so many have done through the years.

My mom was not perfect.  She was human.  She made mistakes and some that she lived to regret.  The one thing I am thankful for is that she knew she was forgiven of those mistakes and that her family grew in spirit because of her ability to overcome her mistakes and be a Christian example to the best of her ability.

The one thing I have missed over the years as an adult and living away from her for so many years was her singing.  She could sing, and I could write for days about those times. I have missed her singing and will continue to miss singing with her.  It is a blessing she handed down to her children and grandchildren, and even her great grandchildren, the love for music of all kinds and the enjoyment of singing.

Today, the music died in her life, but lives on through the lives of those she has left behind.  I would have loved to have sung once more with her.  But I know I will in heaven.

I love you mom.

I'll see you later...Wow, that will be neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment