Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Sometimes I Wonder

I love social media!  I love being able to keep up with all of my friends without, sad to say, picking up the phone and calling them to talk.

I know it is not as personal, but considering every one's time and memory, mine because I'm getting old, keeping up is a lot easier.  There are those who don't like social media and they have their right to not participate, or to complain about those who do. God gave us the right to feel how we want to anyway.

Some times I wonder, however.  Why is it that you see things on social media pages from someone that you know they would never say with their mouths or in your presence?  Folks, what is written is no different than what is verbally spoken.  It hurts my heart to see foul language and innuendo placed upon the computer screen that is blatantly done without thought.

I am not talking about virus attacks or share's that you were unaware of. (I have had plenty of those myself)  But, to willfully use language that is unbecoming of a Christian is just above and beyond my comprehension.

So, I wonder!  Why don't we just use the idea of WWJD when writing on Facebook, My Space, Twitter, etc.?  Wouldn't that solve the embarrassment issues?

I wonder!

I'll see you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment