Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 7, 2009

Been Around a While

I have been around a while now. I am to the age of where I thought wisdom was held by others before me. But, as I look at my life now, I wonder how wise I really am.

I still make stupid mistakes (sorry for the word but used honestly) and I don't see myself as a wise person. All those whom I wanted to be like at 50 are now either in their 80's, 90's or have left this world through death. It is difficult to have those you admire lose their ability to mentor as they once did.


Then I stopped and realized something very important. I can't look back and wish, I must look forward and lead. I must be the one who becomes what I should be and not what someone else was. I followed the examples and wanted so much to be like them, but I am me. I have to be the best me I can be in spite of my mistakes and spiritual breakdowns. In other words, I have to be the best I can be, and do it now.


I'll see you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment