Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

YOU JUST RECEIVED ONE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS!

Think about what you would do in this situation.  Really! What would you do? Here is the question.

You just were awarded, legitimately, one hundred million dollars! No taxes, no strings; it is all yours! What would you do?

Who would you tell? Would it be the most exciting thing you have ever to have happened to you? What would be your reaction? What would be the first thing you do with the money?

Who would you tell? Who would you share your good fortune with? Do you think that you would be bombarded with people coming out of the woodwork to get you to help them in some way or another? Do you think that the burden of people knowing you had come into that kind of money would be a detriment?

Wouldn't it be nice to not have to tell anyone so that you wouldn't have to deal with all the riffraff? Would you could retreat into your own world until you are able come gain the ability and faith in yourself to be able to handle the responsibility of that type of blessing?

I know what I would do with the money. First, I would set up a trust so that my family would be able to be saved from everyone in the world finding out I was now rich. I would continue to live my life just like I had been until I understood what I should and shouldn't do as a "rich man." After all, I have never been rich before in this world. I know that the temptation would be for me to share that information with everyone. I love sharing news of blessing and I also love asking for prayer when I am hurting due to difficulties in my life. It would change my life and my ability to do what I want to do in this world. Yes, I would want to tell the world. Wouldn't you?

The problem is, Christians are the richest people in the world. We have all our needs promised to us because we have a great family that takes care of its own. We have a Savior who died so that we can spend the afterlife of eternity with Him in heaven. We have Christian friends to share the difficulties of life with, those who will pray for us in times of difficulties in our lives and rejoice with us during times of blessing.

Why is it that if we have our salvation that we keep quiet about it? Are we wanting to hide it because we don't want anyone to know. We don't really change our lifestyle until we can work on how to hide the news that would tell the world our "good news"?

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you..." Matthew 28:19-20 NIV

How are we doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment