Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

I Can't Do It!

Have you ever said the words, "I can't do it"?

I have, and it hurts my pride, ego (whats left after 53 years) when I have to admit that I can't do everything. 

I don't know it all! Now that should grab my children's and my family's attention.  But I admit it.  I have come to realize that not only do I not know everything, I can't know everything.  I can't do everything.  There are limits that are on me as an aging adult with many flaws that keep me from being able to believe I can do anything.  Knowing and doing are just as important in the realm of knowing to admit "Can't" as fighting the hatred I carried for those few words all of my life.

I hated admitting that I couldn't do it all.  I refused to make the statement that I didn't know something.  It was a war in my life that I, admittedly, still have to fight on occasion. 

But there is one thing I do know.  I know that because of the grace of my God and the sacrifice of my Lord Jesus, I have eternal life within me.  I know that there are no spiritual boundaries in my spiritual walk with the God I love.  I am not perfect and I get angry when I choose to sin, but I know my God is a forgiving God who searches our hearts and minds to know us and lead us toward Him.

When someone says that they "can't" do something, I am not as critical anymore.  When I hear someone say "I don't know" I am not as flippant about their remark as I once was.  I have a lot more patience with others and myself as I have matured (term used in expectation).

When you find yourself not knowing, it is okay to admit it.
When you find yourself not being able to do, it is okay to say, "I can't do it!"

Just make sure that when you are faced with the spiritual challenges in your life that you say, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!"   Philippians 4:13

I'll see you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment