Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Fun Isn't it?

This week I preached a sermon on fellowship and worship from Hebrews 10:19-25.  It is hard to believe that we, for years, have understood that the reason we should come to worship God is to be right.  I don't believe that.  I believe that when we come to worship God as a church family it to bring Him glory and honor.  It is about us doing something that glorifies God, not about what we get out of being in worship.  Worship is not about me but about what I bring to our Father as a time of thanks and love.

God asks us to come together and praise Him.  I don't hear or read anything that says worship and fellowship times are to benefit us.

Now, I am not saying that I don't receive a blessing from being in worship, but I am saying that it is about me bringing something to God.  I do receive a blessing from being with my brothers and sisters. There is nothing I enjoy more than being in worship and remembering what God has done for me. 

What God wants is my heart, not my attendance without it.

I'll see you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment